Sunday, June 25, 2006

Other Things of Interest

Last night's meeting up with Dan wasn't the only thing that happened.

Bat News

Nice touch that my mate Bat was doing the sound for 'Big Low'. Latest news on the Bat front is that the DVD is almost ready. We did very nicely out of the May 20th gig - Bat got a DVD and I got a CD single! Thanks again to all those of you who came, it was a special night. I guess the next thing is we both need to think about our respective launches!!!


Somewhere Nice to Stay in Tassie

The Venue is off Wooby's Lane and part of the Salamanca Arts precinct down on the docks in Hobart and surrounded by great coffee houses, restauants and galleries. It's a great little place to play and listen to music and the licencee, Dave Gunton is quite a character. Apparently Dave's finally moved to Bruny Island and the website looks lush! If you're looking for somewhere to get away from it all, check this out. Dave and Rachel are fantastic hosts!


Stephen Eastaugh

Seeing Dan again last night made me think of many people I've lost contact with over the years. One of them is Australian-born artist Stephen Eastaugh, who I looked up on the internet today. Stephen did posters for Wild Pumpkins back in the 80's when he was studying in Hobart and was a treasured friend of the band. (The last one I saw was a wonderful pumpkin-headed monster from when the band were touring europe in the early 90's. If I can find a copy I'll scan it and put it up here.) His artwork (like the man) is fascinating and deceptively straightforward

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home