Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers' Day

To all my friends who are mothers - hope you had a great day.

I had a nice quiet few laps up at the pool and felt pretty ok after the first 250m. Swimming has become my new drug!

Started talking with the very pregnant woman who was sharing my lap lane. She's got nine weeks to go and pointed out her four others in the public area. As much as I wish her well, I'd rather her than me. I simply could not imagine anything more perverse than going through all that again!

Came home to a lovely phone call from my late mother's day present. He was born a few days after mothers' day quite a few years ago now and is almost as forgetful as I am over such things. On the other hand, he'll ring me out of the blue sometimes for no apparent reason, was thinking of me and just wanted to say hi.

Spent the rest of the day doing housework with HIM and prep for dinner tonight...... his parents over for mothers' day dinner...... on the menu tonight, tempura calamari, madeira roast chicken and veggies, garlic basil bread and home made lemon pudding. I love cooking with this guy, he's so good to work with.

Tomorrow, prep of a different kind...... time to get ready for the gig at The Peacock Theatre on the 20th with Bat and the Band.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home