Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bleak Thursday

Well, it's very dim outside - winter is definitely on its way if not already here. Yesterday my car spat the master cylinder and I'm looking at a lot of money I don't currently have to fix it. (For the unitiated that's the thing under the bonnet that holds the brake fluid and hydrolically controls all wheel brakes.) The one thing I'm grateful for is that it happened when it was up on the hoist at the local garage. It could've happened when I was driving.

I'm feeling like I could set up a whole blog just about cars and the ridiculous ways we've become so reliant on them. But I won't.


King Island Update

As always, there's a balance to be found - with the bad comes the good. I've got confirmation that the King Island trip is going ahead. I'll be on the island Monday 17th and fly out Sunday 23rd July. Hoping for a gig at the Golf Club 21st or 22nd but have to see if I can organise it to get some other local island musos to play too. Again, will post out here and on myspace as soon as I know I'm really pleased and excited about it as this is one place I've never been and always wanted to go!


Recording Update

I think I'm still on a high from last weekend's gig - it was a beauty! - but feeling a wee bit nervous about this weekend's recording session. And I think it's totally appropriate to feel like that. Let's face it, as a musician and writer, it isn't every day that you commit your creations to a particular interpretation that will be held up as the gospel for ever and a day. That's why live performance is so important and so damn hard to record properly. Those little gems are ephemeral, once delivered they're gone and only live on in the minds of audience and performer.

And that's the other thing I'm doing this weekend - listening over the recording of last weekend's gig. If there's anything moderately worthwhile there I'll put it up on myspace for you all to listen to and use it as a promo disc. It all depends on the quality and if I've been kidding myself all week about the standard of my performance! We'll see I s'pose but it's still nerveracking!

Meanwhile, got to get my regular article off to Buzz Magazine for the June issue. It should be out on the newstands in Victoria and Tas by mid next week.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home