Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday Stuff

Yes, despite the fact the date counter on the blog site says its Tuesday - its really Wednesday and there's stuff!!!!


Reciprocal Stuff

I've set up a profile and so forth at myspace (yeah, yeah..... so many of you've been telling me to do this for ages, I know!) and the addie is:

http://www.myspace.com/debramanskey

There's another blog there that I'll use for gig and CD launch dates.......... which will of course be seen first here.


Living Writers Week 2006

As part of Living Writers Week 2006 I'm going to King Island District High School to conduct a week of songwriting workshops with some of the students there. I'll be doing this in July and performing some of the work from that comes from that in performances throughout LWW in August.

Its a really exciting project for many reasons - particularly for me as I've never been to King Island before - and I love running these sorts of workshops. Everybody gains so much from the shared experience.

For those of you who aren't familiar, King Island is the northern-most island off the western tip of Tasmania. I'm told its very flat and windy but its internationally acclaimed for some of the best dairy cattle in Australia and consequently some of the best cheeses. I'm already under strict instructions from HIM to bring back a wheel of double brie!!!

I'll keep you all informed of dates, ensuing public performances, and any other media through this blog.


Momentous Birthday

Yesterday the most important man in my universe - my son - celebrated his birthday. I spoke with him on the phone last night and realised just how much I love him, cherish him and so grateful that he's in my life!


Gig Reminder

Sat 20th May, The Peacock Theatre, Salamanca Arts Centre $10/$5 concession 7pm start
This gig will be filmed and recorded - look forward to seeing you there!

Not a lot more to tell really. Its been a hard slog of a day - mostly I think because of the weather - very grey and overcast. I know it sounds like conspiracy theory but I get very easily jaded when the sun disappears for more than a few days!

Really looking forward to the weekend gig - Bat gigs are always the best fun!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home