Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Tasmania This Weekend - Melbourne Next Weekend


Tasmania This Weekend

Just found out I'm playing this long weekend at Sunday School, 10th February at The Loft, 142 Liverpool St, Hobart. This is my first gig for 2008 and will be an ideal warm-up amongst friendly faces before heading off to Melbourne for next weekend. (The pic above is one I took at The Loft late last year at the inaugural Sunday School)

Doors open at 2pm & I'm sure there'll be the usual $7 jugs and sausage sizzle - a Sunday School tradition.

Expect the unexpected.



Melbourne Next Weekend

Above is the poster for the Melbourne Mini Tour next weekend. If you live in that part of the world, it'd be great to see you at a gig or a workshop. Please pass the word round your networks!

Looking forward to it all but especially the Dancing Dog Cafe in Footscray. I called in there when I was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and met with the owner, Ben. He seems a really nice guy and is doing good things to promote the arts (and really seriously good coffee!) in Footscray.

I'll be running a 1pm workshop "Introducing Songwriting" and a 3pm workshop "Singing For Everyone". Both would be suitable for beginning to intermediate songwriters and singers and I'm offering both for $25 waged/$20 unwaged. The only down-side is that numbers are limited so please ring 0406 694 662 or email debra.manskey@gmail.com to book your place.

Just to keep me out of mischief, I'll be performing at the cafe that evening - all acoustic & unplugged. Guests will be announced soon.

Can't wait!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home