Thursday, January 31, 2008

When the Universe Listens


My Incredible Support Network

It's been a very strange ride the first few weeks of 2008. Having my car stolen and incinerated was simply awful but nevertheless, I went ahead with a much planned and longed for holiday in Melbourne over the Australia Day long weekend. I'm so glad I did, it was only a four day break but apart from not getting enough sleep, I've come back invigorated.

That's largely because of you folks. I can't thank all of you enough for your beautiful messages and offers of assistance from around the planet as well as in Australia. Brief examples; my dear friend Mark who I've known since school offered so much (as he always has) all the way from Broome, and Kerrie from Melbourne who I only met at a workshop last year but has a gentle, giving heart bigger than the state of Victoria.

What Goes Around, Comes Around

The day I got back from Melbourne (within an hour of getting off the plane in fact) I got a phone call from a nice-sounding fellow who said he was from Tasmania Police. Had I heard of the project U-Turn? Yes I had, U-Turn is a very comprehensive diversionary program which supports young people and trains them in automotive competencies. Each course rebuilds a donated car in their 10-weeks of training and the car is then passed on to someone in the community. He'd seen a copy of an article in the Mercury about my plight and wanted to meet to discuss my situation. Imagine my shock when he suggested that I be the recipient of this course's rebuilt car!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it but I like to think it's the combined effort of all your positive thoughts - thank you all so much!

Love to you all,

Debra

PS: Gig news for Victoria in the next day or so and I'll post a review & some pics of Melbourne Big Day Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home